By now you should have received your Wage and Tax Statements, better known as W-2s, from your employer. You need a W-2 from each of your employers in order to file your 2012 tax returns, which must be filed by April 15th. If you still haven’t received your W-2 from an employer, the IRS offers these tips on obtaining it before it is too late: First, contact your employer (or former employer) for your W-2. Confirm with them that they have your correct address. If your employer still does not send your W-2, you can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Make sure to have all your personal information and documents on hand before calling, such as your social security number, your employer’s name, address and phone number, employment dates and more. Even if you are missing your W-2, you can still file your 2012 tax returns without one. You can file Form 4852, a substitute for the W-2. On this form you must estimate your income and withholding taxes. It may take longer for the IRS to process your return using this form. Find the forms and information you need about W-2s .

Read more:
How to Get Your Missing W-2